Uttarakhand, located in the Himalayas, is often referred to as the Land of Gods (Dev Bhumi) due to the many important pilgrimage centres found throughout the state. Magnificent views of the Himalayan peaks, amazing setting of the small villages dotted on the hillsides, charming local cultures, quaint country roads and a leading National Park of India – all provide the perfect blend for a memorable India adventure tour.
We start this adventure tour of India with sightseeing of Delhi which includes a walking tour and rickshaw ride in Old Delhi. We take a train to Kathgodam and drive up the lower Himalayas to Bhimtal from where we start our cycling journey till we reach the village of Thikalna. We spend the next few days walking through small villages located amidst stunning mountain terrain. This is a great opportunity to interact with villagers and learn about rural life. We continue to Corbett National Park where we spend three nights doing jeep safari, elephant safari and bird-watching.
- Tour Cost on Twin-share: US$ 2750 PER PERSON, SINGLE ROOM SUPPLEMENT: US$ 850
- Tour Type: GUIDED
- Bike Hire: INCLUDED
- Activities: RICKSHAW RIDE, CYCLING, HIKING, JEEP SAFARI, ELEPHANT SAFARI, BIRD-WATCHING, NATURE WALK
- Tour Start / End: NEW DELHI
- Departure Dates: Daily in JAN, FEB, MAR, APR, SEP, OCT, NOV, DEC (Supplement applicable on tours between Dec 20 and Jan 10)
- Group Size: MIN 2, MAX 4
- Given Below: THE ITINERARY, INCLUSIONS / EXCLUSIONS , HOTEL DETAILS , TRIP NOTES
DELHI - BHIMTAL - MUKTESHWAR - THIKALNA - GANGHET - CHALNICHINNA - CORBETT NATIONAL PARK - DELHIRequest Detailed Package
Day 1: Arrive Delhi
Arrive in Delhi today. You will be received at the airport and taken to your hotel. Delhi, with its Old and New parts, makes a very interesting city for its sustenance to medieval and modern cultures at the same time and space.
Day 2: Delhi
This morning we visit the medieval Jama Mosque followed by a rickshaw ride and walking tour of Old Delhi. In the afternoon we explore New Delhi – including Humayun's Tomb, Qutab Minar and drive past Lutyens' Delhi. (Walking 2 Hours)
Day 3: Delhi - Kathgodam - Bhimtal
Early morning transfer to rail station for train to Kathgodam followed by a short drive to Bhimtal (6 hour train ride, 1 hour drive). Afternoon trek to Sat Tal and try out cycles. (Trekking: 30 mins, Cycling: 10-15 KM)
Day 4: Bhimtal - Mukteshwar
After breakfast we cycle uphill to Naukuchiya Tal, another picturesque lake town in Kumaon. We will return to Bhimtal and head to Mukteshwar. It is a gradual uphill ride through pine trees that opens up to very picturesque landscapes. Mukteshwar gets its name from 350-year-old temple of Shiva. (Cycling 40-45 KM)
Day 5: Mukteshwar - Thikalna
Today we ride to the village of Thikalna. The ride is predominantly downhill with a bit of uphill towards the end. Located amidst Oak trees and terrace farmlands, Thikalna offers great views of the snow-capped mountains. This is absolute Himalayan wilderness. (Cycling 50-60 KM)
Day 6: Thikalna - Chitai - Thikalna
Today we will cycle to the rock paintings at Barechhina. We continue to Chitai Temple which is dedicated to Golu Devta and is known for thousands of bells hanging at its entrance. (Cycling 60-70 KM)
Day 7: Thikalna - Ganghet
Walk through a mix of rhododendron and pine forests before you finally climb down to the ridge of Naini. You continue walking to the Temple of Jageshwar (1780mts) followed by Bridh Jageshwar temples (2229mts) with beautiful views of the Nanda Devi. (Walking 4-5 hrs)
Day 8: Ganghet
We spend the day exploring the village and interacting with the village folks. Observe their simple village life, see their houses, small shops selling local delicacies... (Walking 2-3 hours)
Day 9: Ganghet - Chalnichina
After breakfast, we walk uphill to the temple of Jhankarsem, one of the most famous temples of the region dedicated to deity Siam. We continue to Chalnichina where we stay at the stunning Itmenaan Estate. (Walking 4-5 hrs)
Day 10: Chalnichina
This morning walk to the Chalnichinna village market, spend some time interacting with local people and continue to the Ghantika Temple at the top of a hill. Afterwards, we start a downhill walk to the lovely Himalayan Village of Naugaon. (Walking 3-4 hrs)
Day 11: Chalnichina - Corbett
We will walk to the nearest road-head and drive to Corbett National Park (about 6 hours). Because of its rich bio-geographic diversity, the Corbett National Park is a natural haven for the flora and fauna of the plains and the sub-mountainous regions. (Walking 20 minutes)
Day 12: Corbett
Day 13: Corbett
This morning enjoy an Elephant Safari inside the forest, the best way to explore the park. In the afternoon a naturalist will take you for bird-watching and you will walk along the periphery of this park. The park has a spectacular avifaunal diversity. Over 500 species of resident and migratory birds have been recorded in and around the park. (Elephant Safari 3-4 hrs, bird-watching 2-3 hours)
Day 14: Corbett - Delhi
Day 15: Delhi - Onward Journey
Today our representative will take you to Delhi airport for your international flight. Extension tours to Agra and Jaipur (both within easy drive / train from Delhi) are available. Please request us for free pre or post tour planning or tour arrangements.
- Accommodation on twin-share basis in the mentioned or similar hotels
- 13 Breakfast, 10 Lunches, 10 Dinners
- Arrival and departure transfers with our representative
- All transport arrangements mentioned in the itinerary
- A local English Speaking Guide for cultural sightseeing in Delhi including entrance fee
- Rickshaw ride and walking tour in old Delhi
- 4 days of Cycling with all arrangements: An accompanying support vehicle, An accompanying Cycling Guide, Cycles, Spares for cycles, Bottled water during cycling
- 4 days of Hiking with all arrangements: An accompanying Walking Guide, Adjustable Walking Sticks, Bottled water and soft drinks during walking
- 1 Game Drive + 1 Nature Walk + 1 Elephant Safari + 1 Bird-watching tour in Corbett with a Naturalist
- Entrance fee to the monuments / parks mentioned in the itinerary
- Train fare for Delhi–Kathgodam in air-conditioned Chair Car
- All currently applicable taxes
- Items of personal nature like tips, laundry, telephone calls, drinks, etc
- Any other meals than those mentioned above
- International airfare
- Any insurance coverage
- Airport or VISA fee
- Camera charges at monuments
- Any extra expenses incurred for reasons beyond our control such as emergency evacuation, natural calamity, etc
- Any other item not specifically mentioned above as INCLUDED
- A SUPPLEMENT, AS CHARGED BY HOTELS, WILL BE APPLICABLE ON TOURS BETWEEN DEC 20 TO JAN 10.
- THESE PRICES ARE VALID TILL APRIL 15, 2020
This tour offers a mix of accommodation - modern hotels, refurbished traditional village houses, mountain lodges and game resorts. If any of these hotels are unavailable on your dates of travel, we will substitute them with similar quality accommodation.
A charming hotel located close to restaurants and shopping areas in the upscale South Delhi.Hotel Website...
Bhimtal: Fredy's Bungalow
A short uphill drive from Bhimtal Lake, leads you to Fredy's Bungalow. The imposing colonial-style homestead nestles among cypress and deodar trees, on a peaceful wooded hillside, overlooking the Bhimtal valley and the mountain slopes beyond.Hotel Website...
Mukteshwar: Te Aroha
Te Aroha is a colonial-style summer house converted into a boutique luxury hotel amidst scenic surroundings. The original structure of a summer house that once stood on the property has been successfully preserved to retain its original charm.Hotel Website...
Thikalna: Thikalna Cottage
Thikalna is a traditional Kumaoni village house that has been carefully renovated without compromising the architecture or the sensitivity of its surroundings. There is no electricity here and lanterns are provided after dark.
Ganghet: Ganghet Cottage
Sitting at a height of 1850m above sea level, Ganghet Cottage is situated in a picturesque hamlet of Ganghet from where it gets its name.The cottage is surrounded by oak, pine and rhododendron trees with the views of the snow-capped Himalayan peaks.
ChalniChinna: Itmenaan Estate
The 10-acre Itmenaan Estate is a fairytale getaway in a peaceful rural setting in the Kumaon Himalayas. The estate offers panoramic views of the Himalayas including the majestic Nanda Devi.Hotel Website...
Corbett: Riverview Retreat
The Riverview Retreat is a resort comfortably located on the fringes of Jim Corbett National Park offering 26 private cottages.Hotel Website...
- WEATHER: The best time for this India Adventure Tour is between January to mid-April and mid-September to December. Jan/Feb/Mar/Dec are cold but the mountain views are at their best. April is cool weather, mountain views are a bit hazy but rhododendrons are in full bloom. Sept/Oct/Nov would be cool weather and the mountain views are good. Average temperatures range from maximum of 25°C and minimum of 2°C.
- CYCLING: Most sections of the road are asphalt surface. However, road conditions are unpredictable in this Himalayan region and could be under repair with broken asphalt. Most of the cycling route on this tour will be devoid of heavy traffic. What will keep you company are enchanting Himalayan views, lush green terraced fields, Oak and Rhododendron forests, small villages with little bazaars, and local people doing their daily chores.
- WALKING: The path will be rough at some stretches and hence we advise sturdy shoes/boots with excellent soles. You will be accompanied by a walk guide and support staff who will share the local knowledge and assist you in mingling with the communities. It is stunning scenery as you traverse the hills and valleys, and small mammals and a large variety of birds abound here. Your luggage will be transported in the support vehicle or carried by the porters. All you need to carry is a light backpack for your essentials.
For booking or other queries, please write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org